Monday, April 13, 2009

Current Pictures

Today I am celebrating a 70 lb loss - I tried to envision what 70 lbs would look like so I googled images and came up with photos of rather largish, muscle bound dogs; newly thin people boasting of their own 70 lb losses - including a beefcake pose on a gay pride website - and various and sundry ebay articles with shipping weight of, you guessed it, 70 lbs. Nothing that looked like 70 lbs. I want to see it - perhaps a trip to the grocery store is in order - 70 lbs of butter or three 20 pound turkeys with a 10 lb pot roast thrown in for good measure. I am a visual person - I really need to see the weight that's gone.

Instead, I had DH take a few photos. One was yesterday - a random shot during Easter preparations taken by my DD. Caught in the act - snagging a nibble from a tray - probably not counted but definitely enjoyed. Today's pic is taken as I returned home from work. Later I will take these photos and load them up with older photos and have a good look at the changes. This is the only way for me to fully understand that there is 70 lbs less of me now than there was 4 years ago. 7 - 0. seventy. That's a lot and I am never going to let it return. That's a promise.